Wednesday, January 2, 2008

credit cards

People nowadays have been so reliant with their credit cards and it is hard to find a credit card with lower interest rates. Here in the States most credit cards I have encountered where about 12-18 % which is too high not only for me but for a lot of people and some could even reach up to 20%. I remember when I was still in the Philippines, I would already complain because credit card rates where 3%. I guess, I should have been happy then, anyway, here in the States, it is so important to have at least 2 cards. Most people use it for bill payments, utility bills, groceries and shopping. But there are advantages of having a credit card because if you are a good payer , you can get special promotions like 0% interest balance transfer for 6 – 12 months or you can use it to consolidate higher charging card rates.

Anyway, while I’m still waiting to get another credit card my sister just received hers, she just received a credit card from capital one with a high credit limit. She is so happy because she is going to use it for our New York trip and I guess she is on a shopping spree with all the money she saved up from work.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home